Thursday, October 7, 2010

BISHOP TO KRUEGER'S CASTLE

Ok Ok that was a very desperate attempt at witty humor for a title that I stared at for over an hour. But there it is and I'm done apologizing when there's so much exciting stuff to share. Portland's own, Ben Bishop has recently shared some exciting news with all of us.

If you find yourself at the NY Comic-Con, go find Bishop who will be joining Jim Krueger ( writer of Earth-X, JUSTICE, AVENGERS/INVADERS) to pimp The Stand-In, a title introduced with a #0 issue at New York Comic Con 2009 in February of that year and first announced in November 2008, that will debut as an ongoing in 2011. The series, from Krueger and artist Ben Bishop, depicts an actor who survives an assassination attempt while hired to stand in for a senator. Krueger comments, “I think people are going to be amazed at the way Ben Bishop tells a story. He's going to be such a superstar, I just know he'll never work with me again.”

Bishop counters, “I feel very lucky that the guys over at Ardden and Jim Krueger, one of the best writers out there, have given me this opportunity. The story is great, it's going to be a lot of fun, and I think everyone is going to love it.

The great news is that I will be on hand to document Bishop's exciting new adventure. Everyone at Coast City wishes Ben the best and will share with you all the cool stuff from NY Comic-Con. Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. whoohoo! thanks guys. im really excited about it. we will be signing the limited edition posters i made to promote the book. it will be interesteing to see if anyone really wants my signature, haha... i do.

    ReplyDelete